Along with the progress of the times, especially the progress of science and technology, there are more and more specializations, an example that is easy to know is in the field of medicine. In the past, only surgeons were known, so now the surgery is divided. Likewise in other sciences, including law and economics.
However, along with the things above, there has actually been an increasingly interconnected and even interdependent science between one science and another. Law science can no longer run alone but must go hand in hand with other sciences such as sociology, anthropology, medicine, psychology, criminology, economics, and others.
Especially regarding the economy, at this time it can be said that there are no economic activities that are not related to the law. On the other hand, there are no more legal activities that do not have an economic perspective. Thus, understanding the two sciences as a whole has become a common need. In other words, someone who studies law should also study economics, and vice versa.
What matters are legal aspects in economics and business, among others:
- Definition of Law, Law, Economic Law
- Law of Property
- Guarantee Institutions in Indonesia
- Law of Obligations
- Business Contracts
- Business entity
- Mergers, Consolidations and Acquisitions
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Monopoly and Unfair Business Competition
- Consumer protection
- Agencies and Distributors
- Financing Institutions
- Capital market
- Mutual Funds
- International trade
- The linkage between Law and Economics and Business is getting tighter every day. Pay attention to the Economic and Business activities around you, which ones are not related to the law? Therefore, economic and business actors need to understand the law, especially those that are directly related to their respective daily activities. It is not surprising that more and more Economics and Business actors are deliberately trying to improve their understanding of Law through various means, including following higher education in law. However, this method is not suitable for some of them considering the various limitations so that other ways are needed, such as short training and a personal legal consultant who can provide legal understanding from time to time. At this time, there have been many companies and organizations that deliberately held short trainings for Economics and Legal actors.
- Yesterday I visited one of the bank’s branch offices to replace an expired ATM card. While preparing my new ATM card I was offered various bank products. After he finished explaining the various products then I asked: May I offer something? After the answer was allowed, I introduced myself as a person with a legal education background and ready to provide legal services. He spontaneously said he didn’t want to have a problem. it seems that legal services are only needed when there are problems, but they are not. Legal services are even more important when there are no problems or in the context of preventing problems.